Monthly Archives: October 2016
By Pastor Bob Selle
Next year “Amigos en Cristo” will celebrate 20 years of ministry. For two decades we have provided immigrants to Southwest Florida with the tools to be successful and contributing members of our community and the Kingdom of God.
To help us kick off our 20th anniversary, Judy Small, widow of longtime volunteer and board member Bob Small, has offered a $20,000 challenge grant to help us grow.
Any donation to Amigos Center that you give by December 31, 2016 that exceeds what you gave last year will be matched up to $20,000. This Challenge Grant represents a potential financial increase of $40,000! This challenge grant together with your above-and-beyond gift will put Amigos en Cristo in a strong financial position heading into the New Year.
Because of your financial support, during the next 12 months we expect to:
- Enroll one of our Hispanic church leaders from Immokalee with the Center for Hispanic Studies at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO. This will lead to his ordination into the pastoral ministry in four years.
- Charter our Hispanic Lutheran Church in Immokalee as a member congregation of the Florida-Georgia District of the LCMS
- Open an eye clinic in our Immokalee Amigos Center in partnership with another non-profit;
- Expand our new Hispanic ministry in Lehigh Acres in partnership with one of our supporting LCMS congregations;
- Continue to provide ESOL, emergency food and clothing to hundreds of poor in Immokalee;
- Continue providing affordable legal immigration help for families and for victims of domestic violence.
You can double your gift to Amigos Center by making a special gift before December 31:
- Send a check, just write the word “Challenge” in the memo line, make payable to AMIGOS CENTER and mail it to our administrative office: 7401 Winkler Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919, or use the enclosed remittance envelope; or
- Click the DONATE NOW button on our website amigoscenter.org and make your contribution by credit card or by Pay Pal. Write the word “Challenge” in the message box.
We serve remembering what Jesus said “Go and make disciples of all nations” and “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”