Volunteer Needs and Ideas for Amigos en Cristo
There are only suggestions on what we need. We are willing to hear your ideas of ways to get you and your
friends and family involved!
One Time Volunteer Needs:
- Videographer/photographer for special events or day to day work
- Programs at the holidays
- Host a tour
- Labor type work and clean up
Short Term Volunteer Needs:
- Drivers/delivery (If we have food/clothes/furniture, anything to deliver to someone, one of our clients, maybe even to stores or other places)
- Lead/co-lead Bible study and/or activities for kids (Kingston, Sunday School in Immokalee, VBS activities)
- English teachers/tutors
- Help with food stamp program in Bonita (bilingual)
- Educational class or seminar teacher/instructor
- Set up for special events/educational seminars and classes
- Table Captain for events
- Office work. Address and stamp mailings to go out to families of our churches who haven’t been in awhile, or a birthday card to families and children. Sending out newsletters to donors. Answering/returning phone call
Regular Basis Volunteer Needs:
- Website manager
- Grant Writer
- Immokalee Pregnancy Center-counselors to be trained and staff center in 4 hour blocks.
- Immokalee Pregnancy Center-board members.
- Development Committee: Inviting people to tours, call reminders, sending postcards, invite to special events. Trained to do one-on-one P.O.E. Traveling tour coordinator .Tour details (nametags, tour cards, wishlist, fact sheet). Friends of Amigos Lunch Planning (location, secure lead gifts, table set up with stories pledge cards and pens, programs, souvenirs, greeters)
- Publicity – Design and Distribution. Helping design and/or distribute flyers and information about our center for prospective donors and clients.
- Amigos en Cristo Board Members
- Volunteer coordinator
- Social Services Site Director – overseeing an office, the day to day activities, restocking supplies, computer maintenance, etc.